1. Understanding Wolkify’s Limitations as a Venue
Wolkify provides a venue for buyers to find, learn about, and enter into transactions with sellers around the world. It is important to note, however, that Wolkify is not a part of that transaction. By shopping on Wolkify, you understand that:
- You are not buying directly from Wolkify (unless explicitly stated), but from one of the sellers on Wolkify;
- Wolkify does pre-screen sellers, but only to the best of our abilities. Therefore Wolkify does not guarantee or endorse any items sold on Wolkify or any content posted by sellers (such as photographs or language used in listings or shop policies); and
- Each seller on Wolkify has their own processing times, shipping methods, and shop policies.
2. Communicating with Other Wolkify Members
You can use messages to communicate directly with sellers or other Wolkify members. Messages are a great way to ask sellers any questions you have about an item or an order. Messages may not be used for the following activities:
- Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations, or spam;
- Harassing or abusing another member or otherwise violating our Terms of Service;
- Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
- Interfering with a transaction or the business of another member.
Interference occurs when a member intentionally interferes with another member’s shop in order to drive away their business. Interference is strictly prohibited on Wolkify. Examples of interference include:
- Contacting another member via Wolkify Conversations to warn them away from a particular member, shop, or item;
- Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another member;
- Purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review;
Any use of Wolkify Messages to harass other members is strictly prohibited. Similarly, Conversations may not be used to support or glorify hatred or otherwise violate our policies. If you receive a message that violates this policy, please let us know right away.
3. Purchasing an Item on Wolkify
When you buy from a shop on Wolkify, you’re directly supporting an independent business, each with its unique listings, policies, processing times, and payment systems. By making a purchase from a seller on Wolkify, you agree that you:
- Have read the item description and shop policies before making a purchase;
- Have submitted appropriate payment for item(s) purchased; and
- Have provided accurate shipping information to the seller.
4. Leaving a Review of an Item
Reviews are a great way to learn about a seller’s items, help good sellers build a strong reputation, or help warn other buyers about a poor experience.
You can leave a review, including a one to five star rating. The estimated delivery date is the purchase date + processing time + shipping time.
By leaving a review, you acknowledge that:
- Your review and profile information will be publicly displayed on the seller’s listing and review pages.
- Reviews may not:
a. Contain private information;
b. Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery;
c. Violate our Terms of Service;
e. Contain advertising or spam;
f. Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a shipping carrier, Wolkify, or a third party; or
g. Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
- Extortion is not allowed on Wolkify. Any attempt to manipulate reviews through threats, intimidation, or bribery is considered extortion and is strictly prohibited on Wolkify. Examples of extortion include the following:
a. A buyer leaves a negative review in an attempt to force the seller into providing additional items that were not agreed upon in the original transaction.
b. A buyer leaves a negative review in an attempt to force the seller into providing a refund when a refund is not warranted.
- Shilling is not allowed on Wolkify. Shilling is the fraudulent inflation of a shop’s reputation by use of an alternate account. The intent of shilling is to make a seller look more desirable by increasing the shop’s number of sales and overall review score. Not only does it violate our core value of transparency, but it is considered to be a deceptive business practice by the US Federal Trade Commission. Reviews must reflect the honest, unbiased opinions, findings, beliefs, or experience of the buyer.
5. Reporting a Problem with an Order or Returning an Item
Wolkify’s Case System
Although Wolkify is not directly involved in a transaction between a buyer and a seller, we provide a system in the unlikely event your purchase from a seller does not go as expected. You can file a case under the following circumstances:
A non-delivery occurs when a buyer places an order and submits payment, but the seller does not ship the item or does not ship the item to the correct address. The following are examples of non-delivery cases:
- An item was never sent.
- An item was not sent to the address provided on Wolkify.
- There is no proof that the item was shipped to the buyer’s address.
Not as Described
An item is not as described if it is materially different from the seller’s listing description or photos. Here are a few examples of not as described cases:
- The item received is a different color, model, version, or size.
- The item has a different design or material.
- The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
- The seller failed to disclose the fact that an item is damaged or is missing parts.
- A buyer purchased three items but only received two.
- The condition of the item is misrepresented. For example, the description at the time of purchase said the item was “new” and the item is used.
Not as described cases can also be filed for late delivery. In order to qualify as late delivery, the buyer must provide proof that all of these conditions have been met:
- The item(s) were ordered for a specific date or event.
- The item(s) are rendered useless after that date.
- The seller did not ship the item(s) according to their processing time or the date agreed upon in Conversations.
If Wolkify determines that an item is not as described, the seller will be required to refund the original shipping and return shipping, in addition to the cost of the item.
Some disputes don’t qualify for filling a case. These include:
- Intangible items or services.
- Items that are returned without a return agreement.
- Items that have been altered, used, worn, or washed after receiving them.
- Physical or tangible items that are not available for return because they have been destroyed or discarded by the buyer.
- Items that are received after the agreed-upon delivery date due to shipping delays.
- Cost of shipping disputes.
Requesting a Cancellation
Only sellers may cancel transactions. Buyers may request that a seller cancel an order via a message. Note that all cancellations must comply with our policies.
Returning an Item
Each seller has his or her own return policies, which should be outlined in their Shop Policies. Not all sellers accept returns. If you reside in the European Union, you may be entitled to a 14-day “cooling off period,” or a “right of withdrawal,” during which you may return an item for any reason.